Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kelly's Tavern Bleu Burger


I went to Kelly's Tavern for my first critique. Not too crowded a little before noon. I was seated at a booth right away. Donna was my waitress, she has been there as long as I can remember. I knew the service would be as good as it gets.
I ordered the Bleu Burger and an ice tea. The waitress asked how I would like it cooked? Medium was my choice today. I like them well done too. 
The burger didn't take long to come to the table. Donna had already filled my ice tea. I didn't even have to ask.
Ok on to the reason I started this blog...the pursuit of great food. The burger was done to order and tasted fine. It is not something that I would crave or rave about.The Bleu cheese on top of the burger is some sort of sauce made up of Bleu cheese and maybe sour cream? The thickness of the burger was decent but the overall size is, well I guess adequate. Let's just say you won't leave feeling like you ate too much. The bun it was served on was nothing special, an over processed white burger bun with sesame seeds on top. Never understood the whole sesame seed thing on a burger bun thing.
The pricing was reasonable for a sit down restaurant, the burger was $5.99. The iced tea on the other hand, as with all drinks from a restaurant, I feel was overpriced at $1.79. I believe that the owners of the place know the drinks are overpriced. So much so that they don't even list the beverages on the menu anymore. You know out of sight out of mind. I always tell myself just to order water when I go out to eat, but I rarely do.
The total bill with tax was 8.38,when I added the tip I was over the $10 mark. Is that too much for an okay burger, of okay size?
 I like Kelly's and the service is great and the place is always exceptionally clean.
However, I would rate the Bleu Burger as very average.

1 comment:

  1. Someone should review the new cheeseburger at the Scoreboard. They used to have the best one in town, but now they're under new ownership and it's obviously not the same. Maybe our standards are unrealistically high, but some things just shouldn't change. Maybe if we get a ground-swell together they will be forced to hire back the old cook.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts and suggestions